It's easy to create your own collage-style cards from vintage images ... and the results can be quite enchanting, as I'm about to show you. One recent creation of my own is this free 'French Bird Christmas Card' which you can download HERE (pictured in the final image below).
Here are the ingredients I used to create this card in Photoshop, but you could also figure out how to create a paper version without too much difficulty.
1. Take an old illustration of a bird or other animal/object. You can find vintage images to download on Etsy. Try searching 'digital collage sheet' + 'bird'.
Choose an image that would create a nice silhouette. Select the background area behind the bird with the magic wand tool. Inverse the selection.
2. Open another image of vintage flowers, or foliage or other design. Choose an image that would bring out the character of the bird shape, or create a crazy abstract effect. You might find the perfect vintage image in my 'Vintage Scrap Box' store at Etsy HERE.
3. Copy and paste this image into the selected area of the bird image (edit > paste into).
4. Select the background area again, fill with a color, then stamp with vintage text and antique printer's ornaments.
5. You may like to add a background pattern (I've used damask here), and a calligraphic style box with text. These books by Dover have some gorgeous calligraphic boxes!
6. You can then print, paste onto cardstock and embellish further if you like.
That's it! How fun is that? So, please try it out, and email a picture of your creations with a link to your blog to firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will post them here.